Monday, October 20, 2014

10 years

10 years ago, I lost the person who loved me the most – my appa on this very date, 3 days before Deepavalli. I stopped celebrating that year. It wasn’t that hard coz I wasn’t very into it.

But every year he’d make sure I got anything I wanted. Every year I remember I’d delay putting my kolam for Deepavalli as I’d be waiting to watch the annual pre-deepavalli blockbuster. Even post Astro, I think it was a tradition of sorts at every home coz it was always a Rajini or Kamal movie.

So by the time I started one of my elaborate kolam designs, it would be nearly 11 at night. Yet every year he would stay awake along with me as I took hours to finish my kolam, never really complaining.

He’d spend the whole of the next week protecting my kolam from being stepped on.  No matter who turned up he’d rush to tell them – watch out for the kolam.

We had another ritual every other year after the morning prayers at the temple, we would leave for a holiday somewhere. My love of travelling was inherited from my father. Which is why nearly every Deepavalli, I’m not here. In one way it is a salute to him in another it’s the best escape from the general gloom I feel around this time. Though I’m sure he’s mumbling from above with all the solo travelling I do.

It’s been a rollercoaster year of highs and lows.

I am who I am today because of his passing but not a day goes by that I didn’t wish he was still around to at least fight with me.

I will be off travelling again with limited internet I think. 

Happy Deepavalli everyone – see you when I get back.

Life and Death

V-Eyez Imagery
My photography blog
V-Eyez Imagery on Facebook

3 comments:

Jeevan said...

Happy Deepavali Visit! Enjoy traveling with your memories :)

ashok said...

wats up Visit...

Mrs Sharon Sim said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) +918376918351 Thank you.