Thursday, July 28, 2011

The magic hour

It’s 5 in the morning. I’ve been awake since 3. Well I slept off at 10pm actually and woke up around 2am. So I guess I got sleep. This is undeniably my favourite hour though I see less of it nowadays.

Since I became a working photographer, I sleep by 1 wake by 8 am regardless of it’s a weekend or not. Of course I wake much earlier on a weekday but to wake up at 8 on the weekends???? Signs of age catching up I guess, time seems to have become more responsible. Bah.

But I miss the wee hours of the morning. It used to be my thinking time or the time I wrote nonsense like now. Sometimes I wish my brain will shut up and keep quiet but I think I’d miss the chatter if it went silent. How else can I annoy people? ;p

Two of my ideas might just see the light of the day. It’s an internal work thing, anyone can submit an idea, I just never tried it. So I was super excited to receive an email yesterday prompting me that my idea had gone to the next level and had comments just days after I submitted the idea. The Big Boss at the department I pitched it for dropped a comment saying he liked it. I was pretty tempted to skip and jump but quietly grinned at my pc instead. I really hope the other one lifts off too though there is a part I’m dreading.

Tomorrow evening we will know if Malaysia advances to the next stage of the World Cup qualifiers. Tomorrow I’ll be there with my flag and scarf to cheer the team on. The anxiety is crazy. This is the strongest we’ve been since I was a kid, and I hope and wish and pray we make it. The thing is I’m making plans to head to Brazil for the world cup and imagine having Malaysia play there. Wow. Dreams are meant to be achieved; I will never stop having hope. This is probably the furthest I’ve thought in life (another sign of age – grrr). Regardless of whether anyone I know goes with me, I just know I have to be there. I know I’m crazy – so don’t act surprised. ;p

Whether we make it tonight or not I am still proud of the team. We’ve come a long way and let’s not chide them whatever the results tonight.     

Since we are at the mid-year point, let me just say 2011 has been a crazy bag of surprise filled year. Mostly it’s been great. Even the bad ones, when you put it in perspective and analyse they were also great and were needed. I would have probably continued kidding myself otherwise. Sometimes my level of acceptance and crap dealing capabilities amazes me even though I really need to get a grip on it.

One good thing about this early morning, I finally replied some important mails that I had been postponing. So probably that’s gonna be a deluge of replies in the next few days.

Two things most people don’t know about me – I love working and I never regret anything.
I’m pleased to have spent 31 years not regretting any decision/ action I’ve taken expect for one where I made one two many people cry all for a prank. Neither have I wished that my life was different or certain things didn’t happen. I am absolutely certain I am who I am coz of these unfortunate events.

My colleague told me something that took me by shock. She told me – I wanna be like you. When you go on holiday no matter how long it is, you nearly never leave any work for us to do. You make sure everything is done. Yeah workaholic. When I thought about it, it did seem correct but I never realised it. To me dad ingrained it into me at least that you must always be responsible. No one else can be that for you. Anyway I call her my sensible voice, the one that reins me in when I’m ready to burst out or there to give me advice.

Ah my magic hour is over, eyes are slowly drowsing to sleep, time to post this and bid good bye to this hour.

V-Eyez Imagery
My photography blog
V-Eyez Imagery on Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice article.

Glad photography is turning into a career for you.

You know, I used to love the pics of your hometown. Something sweet about it. Can't see it in cities.

Anonymous said...

Nice article.

Glad photography is turning into a career for you.

You know, I used to love the pics of your hometown. Something sweet about it. Can't see it in cities.

Visithra said...

thanks - it is ;)

yes its a lovely place ;) n still the same