Friday, February 04, 2011

The hamsap bunny


Gong xi fa chai

They say the new year day would determine the events for the rest of the year. If that was the case, the year of the bunny is gonna be one horny fella!

Weirdness and me have much in common but this was just way out of the ordinary. Determined not to sleep my long holiday away, I ventured out to seek sources of inspiration to shoot and arrived smack at the centre of Kuala Lumpur.

The streets were filled with foreign workers obviously enjoying their long weekend with gust and vigour. That’s when i spotted the old man dressed in the usual apek fashion of old shirt and shorts sitting atop a motorbike parked in front of a seemingly empty looking shop lot. Stuck in traffic (why was there traffic in the first place!!! Its supposed to be the best time to be in KL!!), I watched him as i contemplated parking and shooting the old man and his surroundings.

That’s when i notice the stream of foreign labourers walking gloomly into the darkened stairways of the building only for another bunch of them to come out into the hot afternoon sun grinning away. Only once i reached the second doorway did i realise what was going on. I had arrived at pimp street. One moment i was amazed at the number of people streaming into the hideouts and the next i pitied the women who were servicing them in those hot dingy shoplots.

I quickly left the city centre as more people arrived in packed buses and taxis for their holiday in the city. Ah but the hopping bunny had more plans in store for me. In my travels across the state i ended up in Kepong and was quickly enamoured by a row of wooden shop houses by the road. I parked and took out my camera to shoot.

As i was shooting this Indonesian lady sitting outside what seemed like a mah-jong place, out walks this 70 year old spiffily dressed grey haired man to talk to the lady. As i was shooting with my 85 mm i was standing quite a distance and had no idea what they were talking. Just as he was heading back into the mah-jong joint, he spots me and grins at me. As usual i grin back and continue shooting.

Old man returns back with an angpow in one hand and a bag of oranges in another and hands it to the lady. Just as i was about to go (awww so sweet) the old man starts caressing the womans arm right up into the sleeves!!!

Now I can’t help to wonder why the old man grinned at me! Double ewww!!!

Just as I thought that I’ve had enough of the horny old rabbit, i get online and read the funniest link of the era?? 


Good Pakistani Boys Decide Not To Masturbate To Veena Malik


ROTFL I was still laughing when 5 minutes before the first day of the bunny year ended, my friend sends me a link to a hot lungi ad from 1978!

Now we know why the bunny is the mascot for playboy! So hope everyone had a wonderful hopping bunny new year if not a hamsap one! ;p hehhee

Apek – old men
Angpow – money packet given on festive occasions
lungi – sarong
hamsap - horny



V-Eyez Imagery 
My photography blog 
V-Eyez Imagery on Facebook

5 comments:

ashok said...

ROTFL...one of your funniest posts :)

Visithra said...

lol happy new year ;) yeah dont have much time n keeping a lot of stories of the blog - too many stalkers ;p

sabrina said...

LOL!!! Eeewwwww! Pervy old men are just the worst!!! For a moment i thought he was gonna give the ang pau and oranges to you...hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the Tamil uncles who used to wait in their cars outside high schools to check out the Tamil/Indian girls.

Uncles = Approx. 25 year old perverts checking out high school kids between 14-18...

The poor bunny... all these days, I only thought of energizer:-)

-kajan

Visithra said...

saby: yeah super ewwww - this is a really oldddddddddddd one ohh - ewww ewww im still having a tough time remembering he grinned at me

kajan - lol those arent uncles - just overzealous boys

its the middle aged ones i cannot stand - most middle aged men anywhere r a disgrace

lol yeah poor bunny cant escapes its playboy fame ;p