Monday, September 21, 2009

Navarathri

Navarathri

With all the editing I’d been doing , squeezing in Navarathri seemed a chore. Still I decided to head to the usual place only to reach there and realize the event had started hours earlier and had just finished. So instead of sulking we decided to head to my favourite temple instead. Perhaps it was meant to be.

There was a different ring to the manthras. Devi looked gorgeous and there was a new vigraham decorated as Shivashakti. But it was the nadaswarams playing of Ayingiri Nandhini that sent a vibration through me. The simple verse took a form of its own as they increased the tempo, sending magic across the floor. The beat pulsated as the priests made their rounds with the arathi and vibuthi. What a moment.













There's always a reason for everything,good or bad. I guess that was where I was supposed to be.

No comments: