Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Gone too soon - MJ

“I want to say to Michael’s children, there wasn’t nothing strange about your daddy, it was strange what your daddy had to deal with.” - Al-Sharpton.

That’s when the camera focused on the children and instantly a beaming Paris Jackson stands up and claps. It was evident the children knew what surrounded their father.
Her heart warming message haunts me. The little girl’s grief is unimaginable but she needed to tell the world what he meant to her. How much of a father he was. If you watched the tribute, she stepped up to the mike, that’s how much the world has pushed MJ. That a child grieving the death of the one man who was her all had to tell the world how much he meant to her.

“Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine, and I just wanted to say I love you so much” – Paris Katherine Jackson

My heart goes out to the children. Stevie started me on the tears with his song.

"This is a moment I wished I wouldn't live to see ... As much as we may feel that we need Michael here with us, God must have needed him far more." – Stevie Wonder.

Gone Too Soon by Usher turned into my breaking point. MJ was gone too soon.

"On June 25th, because he was the best, I believe heaven and earth did pause indeed to say of Michael Joseph Jackson, 'Here lived a great entertainer who who did his job well." - Martin Luther King III

I still can’t believe he’s gone even as I sat there watching his casket arrive. The tribute was heartfelt, the silence in the arena was in a way a tribute to MJ. There was one thing that I felt should have been there, Michael’s voice. I wish they had played his songs. Heal of the world was lovely but it wasn’t Michael and truthfully I think the Malaysian tribute rendition with Michael’s voice was more touching.



My heart goes out to the dancers and singers who had spent so much time rehearsing and at the brink of their dreams to perform with Michael Jackson. Their dreams like my own regret of never having seen him in concert will continue to haunt us.

God bless his children, family, friends and all the fans mourning the lost of the Greatest artist who brought the world together.

MJ you will always be loved and thank you for being with me for the last 29 years. I never knew a world without you till your passing but you will live in all of us through your music.

No comments: