Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Wait!!


Wait!!, originally uploaded by visithra.

We were at our venue KLPAC till 12.30 am last night setting up our exhibition, phew was so exhausted and I only had dinner after. Funny wasn’t hungry till I left but was having dizzy moments. The hardest part of setting up is making sure everything is straight and its so irritating when its just 1 degree slanted! Then we had to figure out how to make the descriptions stick! We think its sticking now but won’t know till we go again!

We’ve used posts from our blogs as description, we think it adds to the stories we’re telling, let’s see if people like them. I hate 2 things finding names for our photos and then placing them at the exhibition, its such a headache!

The sweet guard anna helped us find a missing nail at 11 pm and waited till we finished eventhough he could have gone back and kicked us out. Love the people who work there. Note to self you must write about them or I will kick you!

Oh they’ve printed our photos on their huge events poster ;p

As we were setting up we had our first few visitors. We’re a bit shocked as they booked 2 of each of our photographs, still pinching ourselves. They came loved everything, and we were briefing and exchanging info on the location of the photos and just like that they wanted our work. I hope its not a dream, given how tired we were at 11ish pm, we may have been dreaming.

So the exhibition officially begins from today – do come by. I will be there on the weekends.

In/Visible runs from 1 – 14 June 2009 at KLPAC - Please sign up at our Facebook page here

www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109196019072

I will also be speaking on Indian weddings at Shootfest this Sunday. I’m so happy I’ve finished the preliminary text – need to go check with mom tonight and then start on the presentation. I’m trying to make it funny, may end up looking like a fool talking in front of 80+ photographers!
http://shootfest.org/

Wish me luck for both.

2 comments:

mala said...

good luck dear! i'll pop by the exibition for sure. not missing it again. xx

visithra said...

thanks dear ;) lets see if we get to meet there