Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Am I yours???


Am I yours???, originally uploaded by visithra.

Isn't he cute?

All animals are cute, I am a non veg - but that doesn't mean I condone the inhumane killings. hunting or abuse of animals.

For the last three weeks there's been a buzz with the case of villagers from an island town Pulau Ketam, abandoning stray dogs on their island on a nearby inhabitant swamp. These dogs were left to die.

I don’t blame the island people because I’m sure this was not their first resort but their final attempt at ridding their islands of a huge population of dogs. Still the dogs need to be saved.

TV Smith and friends have been using all means possible to rescue these animals. You can read more at his site and help save those dogs by donating and sending help anyway possible.

Why didn’t I write about this before? Because I know the issue will soon die and people will go one with their own lives! So spread the word again!

For info or enquiries:
The Rescue Mission Secretariat at +6012 378 3730 (Janet) or +6012 320 8090 (Zalina)

The Sec's E-mail is dogrescue.pk@gmail.com (see updates page for info)


The issue
The Rescue
The Updates

In/Visible runs from 1 – 14 June 2009 at KLPAC - Please sign up at our Facebook page here

2 comments:

Kit Kat said...

Just read this news from dannyfoo blog. There should be a way to solve the problem without doing this... sad to hear this news. :(

visithra said...

kit : there is a lot of work thats going on n a lot of bad press for them - so they need more public support - so blog about them see if u can help or just spread the word

http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html