Thursday, November 06, 2008

Filtered weekend

Misty towers

Now a little announcement before I continue – we can safely blame Mr Filter here for the erratic weather and unbelievable traffic jam in the last week. We were caught in a traffic jam everytime we got into the car, that too, on a weekend at non shopping areas!

Framed

The day started off with me getting lost for assuming I could trust Malaysian signboards (will I never learn?). Our first stop was Masjid India to get some stuff for his mom.

As most of you would have known, I’m always saying KL is a wonderful place to live because of the balance between its eastern and western qualities. Pick a spot in the city and you’ll find a mix of old and new and some aspect of a dominant east influence in that area.

on the steps to heaven
Masjid India or Little India as its infamously known, is the hub of everything Indian. The moment you walk out into the streets you’re greeted by Tamil music which is not common even in the streets of Chennai and you’re greeted by rows of saree shops and jewelers. While it’s pretty common for Malaysians, everyone else gets excited.

We walked around for a while and then headed to Bukit Bintang to check out Lowyat or as techies would call it – tech heaven. First we got sidetracked at Nando’s. I have never seen anyone so super excited by Nando’s chips and Starbucks. But I prefer Coffeebean!

Anyway the coffee addicts always win so it was Starbucks!

The outcome of the day - filter will always be known as the guy who bought shampoo at tech heaven! By then Praveen had arrived to join us after getting stuck in traffic. We jumped into my car and headed to Brickfields for the best ever thosai in town. I think I’ve taken every vege blogger who arrived in Malaysia to that shop – Sri Pandis.

You see I have an addiction to that shop, it’s the only place I have thosai, that too coz of its amazing chutney. I love chutney and even eat it with rice ;p

Now Brickfields was booming with double the usual activity thanks to Deepavali celebrations. There was a different song blasting from each corner. We were passing this cookies shop when a guy stops us insisting we try his murukku.

Me: vendampa
No, its ok
Him: chumma try panni pahrunge
No you just have to try
Me: nalla illehna yesuhvehn, okva?
If it isn’t nice I’ll scold you! Ok?
Him: prechaneh illeh ;p
No prob ;p
Him: ehpadi?
How is it?
Me : its ok only (and then I escaped) ;p

Actually the murukku was pretty good so anyone looking for tasty murukku, check out the temporary stall in front of Sri Pandi audio shop. Btw don’t tell them I recommended them, I have to maintain that it was ok only! ;p

The audio shop was playing excellent selection of songs setting the mood just right for clubbing later, only problem was the dj for the day had to break in between the songs and make announcements. At least wait till the music is overla!

Next up on the list was clubbing at my favourite Indian club but first of course we had to get stuck in another traffic jam! Apparently everyone in Malaysia was out in full force to welcome Filter ;p

Reel vidhurathuku oruh alehveh illehya?

As usual the music was good (though they didn’t play a number of my favs) and it wasn’t too crowded as most people were busy with festive preparations so for once we had enough space to dance. We just didn’t have enough people at our table as it was pretty last minute.


Dropped him off and then I rushed home to get ready for my cousins wedding. My mom was waiting for me all dressed saying I was late for the wedding. Somehow I managed to shower and tie a saree in 20 mins and we were off for the wedding. My mom was grumbling we were so late only to reach there to find the wedding ceremony had just started! Then it was my turn to grumble on being rushed out the house!

Now the wedding was actually my athai payans (ppl used to marry off their children to when they’re in this relation code). And I have a lot of them, so in the past few years, I’ve been happily ticking them off the list ;p and go “another one bites the dust” lol

The wedding had started super late and there was this one incident that had me laughing away. As the bride was leaving to change into her wedding saree (hindu weddings are long), the videographer stops here saying he needed to take some shots.

The bride immediately tells him “late ayiruchi valiyeh vidhungeh” “its already late, stop all this”. The guy was super stunned ;p Way to go women! ;p

I knocked off as soon as I got home and woke up 5 hours later.

I picked up Filter and headed for lunch at the best place to have South Indian food. I realized the last time I had watched someone eat the “Indian style” was when small boy was in town. Now for my non India readers, the “Indian style” is the cutest thing to watch. They would eat each curry/ curd with a different portion of rice with absolute patience. It’s just really cute to watch ;p

We then headed off to Midvalley to get a few books and shop. Of course Starbucks flashed by and we ended up watching the rain with coffee for company. We then left for BC as soon as Praveen joined us. I figured the weather would be lovely given it had just rained and there was no way I was gonna climb bc in the middle of the afternoon when the idea had first been mentioned.

We arrived at the blue hour, my most favourite time of the day where the skies are a brilliant blue and absolutely magical. BC was practically empty with a few people here and there. Filter discovered Murugas reflection on the water pools and we were walking around looking at the pools finding the best spots. And then we found those lights that became our inspiration for the day. Filter ended up turning into my model for the day while Praveen was his. Poor Praveen wasn’t expecting to be shooting anything.

Muruga Ray Golden reflection

The caves were nearly empty when we reached up and the breeze was amazing as usual. We got back down and headed to one of the shops for drinks. I remembered one of my friends had ordered a Neslo (coffee+choc) the last time we were there and it had been amazing. Lets just say it still is! Absolutely divine!

On our back to the city centre, it started raining again but we chanced upon KLCC looking absolutely stunning under mist, so we stopped to take more photos.

Hows that for a weekend! ;p

4 comments:

Lingerie said...

Nice information. I really liked it.

You know I've used this site at http://www.DreamDollLingerie.com for sexy lingerie, lingerie, corsets, bustier, costumes, sexy costumes, fantasy lingerie, plus size lingerie, lace lingerie, sexy dresses, leather lingerie, and hot lingerie.

I thought they had some nice things.

-naga- said...

Wahahahahaha

Vish.. am just wondering how on earth "lingerie" manage to associate lingeries with your blog.. muahahaha

"Way to go women!" ;)

! ky said...

hey that was really nice to read..
keep them comin..

nickysam said...

It is an occasion for vibrant festivities throughout the country. Devotees and young enthusiasts dance the Garba or Dandiya-Raas throughout the night, in keeping with the exuberant nature of this festival. The Hindus undertake it with great enthusiasm.
------------------------
Nickysam
Viral marketing