Monday, November 03, 2008

Busy wali ;p

Little King

The celebrations began with an appam session with the gang before the non KL bunch went back to their hometowns and where they’re still probably at. Ah it was finally our turn to bully one of the guys. He made the mistake of parking his new car near the appam stall and everytime he opened his mouth to tease us we’d tell him – you want us to throw that flower pat at your car is it?” Suffice to say he was a very well behaved boy for the day. He took us for a ride in the car and I was super amazed by the number of buttons on the dashboard. It was a bit too many for me.

The next day I had to get up super early to cook up a pot of vege briyani for the office potluck party and I so hate getting up early and cooking and then tying a saree! ;p thankfully it turned out well and I didn’t accidentally overdo the salt! After a week of late nights and battling none stop traffic jams I was knocked out on Friday night.

Saturday was a day of errands and meeting people. We decided to go shoot the Diwali atmosphere at the KL Sentral carnival. While the location was more convenient and less prone to traffic woes, the selections weren’t that great. Good thing we were there to photograph that atmosphere, and hands down Brickfields was more lively than the carnival itself. Though the traders were having fun posing for us.

I’d taken mom along with me and after she was heard telling her friends “people were posing all for them – they will even ask them to take photographs for them.” I guess she finally got her photography enlightmen on why the daughter is so crazy about it ;p

Purple elephant

We settled down for an absolutely wonderful dinner at Vidya’s. How did I get there in the jam? Well never use the main road ;p the thing about Vidya’s is if you order their dishes the food is amazing, don’t get the meals. We’re still wondering what they put into the food to make it so good.

Sunday was spent mostly cleaning up or running errands again. Mom and I were out buying stuff when we saw the florists selling gorgeous red roses. We tried to stop but we couldn’t find a parking lot so we left. Later that evening I was passing by the market and they were still selling the roses so I decided to buy them.

Me : How much are the roses uncle?
Uncle : Errr the roses are fake! ;p

Lol we were definitely conned thinking they were fresh roses.


We got home and having heard me complain non-stop we hadn’t done any biscuits this year, mom asked me to help her do nei urundai (ghee balls). Now I’ve never done this nor watch mom do it as she’s super at it. So imagine my surprise when the flour was burning hot. So I spent the next 10 minutes screaming ouch ouch and rolling the ghee balls. I’m so not doing them again! ;p

I finally managed to catch om shanti om which was being aired on tv – it was defiantly a good movie. Every year I end up watching one of these movies and end up putting the diwali kolam in the wee hours of the morning – its becoming quite a tradition! ;p

I stuck to something simple as I didn’t want to over exert myself. Did you guys notice how feeble Maxis line was on the eve. I was chatting with a friend and usually her phone dies somewhere in between our conversation coz of her battery but this time we got cut of every 20 minutes or so. At one point we were suspicious that someone might be listening to us and decided to welcome whoever it was into the conversation –

“Whoever who might be listening, err if you’re so bored have fun listening to us talk nonsense.”

And so I finally slept at 4 ish only to be waken up by mom at 6 am. I said no way I’m going back to sleep but thanks to the non stop noise I woke up with a headache having barely slept!
Dressed up and headed to the temple. We got home just in the nick of time as our morning guests arrived. As usual I was bullying the little boy who bullies me ;p kid only speaks to me if he’s super bored, at all other times he intentionally ignores me. By the time they left and we had breakfast, it was time for us to head off for lunch at a family friends place. It’s a yearly affair to have lunch at their home, plus its quite fun plus I don’t dare miss it without a valid reason ;p

One eyed Twinkle toe*s Cheeky twins

I met up with some friends in PJ and since I was already in the neighbourhood, prav and me decided to spend some time with the children from Agathians. We brought along chocolates for the children. They were happy to see us and going akka akka, we even had an invisible akka who turned out to be hiding under the table ;p

But the moment I saw them watching tv I knew that they were gonna be distracted for the rest of the evening. So we were sitting and talking to the little ones who weren’t watching tv and just lazing around. Few hours later we left for dinner, when I got home watched Santosh Subramaniam – a watchable movie.

Another super busy weekend.

No comments: