Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kohlupu ;p

I was at a cousins wedding over the weekend when this family friend who I hadn’t seen a long time turns up to chat and does the usual wedding questions.

Aunty: Aaama unnaku ehpo kalyanam
When are you getting married?
Me : Ipoh illeh – thambiku than kalyanam
Not now – my bros getting married
Aunty: Ean??? Unnaku enna prechanai ipoh
Yyy? Why aren’t you getting married?
Me : Ipoh vehndam
Coz I don’t want to?
Mom: Vara mapilai ehlam vehndamnu sohlra – nah kai kalivithen
She’s refusing to get married – I’ve given up on her
Aunty: Ipdhi terinjiruntha vandha mapilaiyeh nah kalyanam kathiruhpehnne!
If I had known I’d have married one of those guys
me: Prechanai illeh aunty, moiyi nah vandhu vehkurehn, uncleh thalli vechirulam ;p
No problem aunty, I’ll attend with gifts, we can push uncle aside ;p

4 comments:

-naga- said...

Ithu rombeve kozhuppu.. ;)

Jeevan said...

Wish u Happy Deepavali dear:)

Karthik B.S. said...

kozhupu dhaan..

Clarisse Teagen said...

HAHAHAHAA.. i Hear this a lot from my indian friends.
Is it really that typical?
Oh Happy Diwali :D