Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lets go to the zoo...

Lolipop


I was beyond exhaustion yesterday. Well you try climbing Batu Caves and then heading to the zoo with a stuffed nose, all done in 5 hours while baby sitting 24 kids. I got home took a quick shower slumped into the couch and only woke up late at night! In between I remember mumbling on the phone and brushing of my moms teasing.

But despite the tiredness, it was definetly a fun day though I had to smack two of the kids for scaring the daylight out of me. It's always funny to watch peoples reaction to me and the kids. First they assume I have about 4 kids, given the boys are hanging around me, then it finally gets to them that no way could I be the mother of 10 kids. And then they come by and ask about the home ;p

That was the fastest I've ever climbed BC. I never do it so fast coz I like to take my time and enjoy the view. Shouldn't have even brought the camera I probably took less than 10 shots!

Attack of the coconut ... Behind the bushes

The little monkeys loved the real monkeys and spent some 15 minutes bugging me to hand over bananas to feed the monkeys that was after the hosts of the day ran out of treats. On our way down, one of the kids decided he was superman and jumped 10 steps down, lets just say he sulked for the rest of the trip after getting a earful from me at the bottom.

The charmers that they were they had their little fingers around the hearts of the helpers at the restaurant.

Yesterday out of the blue some of the younger boys decided it was ok to hug me and so they were hanging to my arms and giving me kisses. though my heart was fluttering like a butterfly I decided to act as if it was nothing out of the ordinary.

We ate lunch after the boys had finished theirs so some of the boys decided to sit next to me and bully me. At one point I decided to use my usual line - I won't come anymore - and one of the boys who by the way lost his tooth in the caves decided to call my bluff. That's when 2 of the other boys decided to hug me and say no no you must come - stop bullying akka. awwwwwwwwww

2 uncles who were sitting in the opposite table couldn't stop laughing at the scene. ;p

Next up we headed to the zoo. No matter how many times you take a kid to the zoo, they still love it. out of whim I said sing Negaraku while waiting for our tickets and the whole bunch started loudly singing our national anthem. lets just say I wasn't expecting such a loud display of patriotism!

By the time we got to the zoo the group of friends who had brought the kids out figured they were getting super tired and decided to take the train instead. We filled up most of one train, and lets just say the unfortunate souls sharing the train with us either enjoyed the entertainment or were desperate to get out! one of the guys who were leading the team nearly lost his voice screaming out the name of the animals which the children then echoed. The train driver recognising the pattern slowed down at every caged area. There was a baby with us who was more entranced by the little monkeys on the train then the animals outside ;p I really don't blame him!

We got down and proceded to the cages. We had so much fun with the elephants. The guys decided to feed the elephants sugar cane and one of the elephants decided he wanted all of the sugar cane, greedy fellow followed the kids as they ran up and down trying to out run the huge beast!

The rest of the time was spent running up and down the zoo, growling at the lion, losing a kid, finding and giving him a earful before we got to the daily afternoon show. The children have seen it before but they still love it. 2 of the kids snuggled up to me with lollipops in hand and we watched the seal and parrots do their thing. I'm pretty certain there was supposed to be a orang utan in the act but he was missing.

By the time we got back to the bus the kids were ready to call it a day and knocked out in their seats immediately as soon as the bus left the gates of the zoo. It was a well organised trip but I'm sure they figured bc and the zoo in a day is pretty nuts ;p

3 comments:

Sundar Narayanan said...

visithra,

great narration.

:)

something funny with your template.. or IE is messing it up?

Shamgar said...

Two of my favorite subjects... children and food. Great post Visithra...

visithra said...

thanks sundar ;) nah somehow it got messed finally got it rectified n changed a bit ;p

shamgar : oh wow ure back - so good to have u back ;)