Friday, June 06, 2008

Jazzy Outer Rim

Concentration


This is a long overdue post. Well most of my posts are long overdue. Anyway thanks to my colleague, I got to attend to The Outer Rim, fusion-jazz charity concert organized at RUUMS which was organized by Life College, to raise funds for its Gift of Hope Scholarship Fund.

My favourite part of the concert was the opening act, a local singer from Sabah, Mia Palencia. Wow her voice just blew me over. Tried looking her up on youtube – theres a few videos but none do justice to her voice.






Outer Rim is a Jazz quartert from Japan consisting of Norihiko Hibino on Saxophone, Hakuei Kim on Piano, Jeff Curry on Bass Guitar and Nobuaki Fujii on Drums. Of course the dreadlock drummer had my eyes throughout the night but I couldn’t get a good shot of him plus I was too shy to walk to the empty centre area to get photos.

The blues Saxophonist Potrait of a pianist

So all you get are photos of the shy but outstanding pianist and Saxophonist. I did enjoy the concert – they are really good – though I must admit I prefer the more fast beat set where the drummer shined not coz he was cute but I love percussions.

Here’s a video I found on youtube of their performance.

No comments: