Monday, April 14, 2008

Samsung to the rescue!

Who would have thought that my holiday would turn out to be electronically disastrous! Both my new camera and mobile phone were songkranified! Oh yes I’m coining a new term for the awesome but potentially disastrous Thai New Year celebrations - Songkran!

While I’ve saved the camera (more on this later) the mobile seems pretty dead.

But no worries – I got rescued by Samsung!

Before I left for Thailand, I got chosen to be part of BlogMob which is being organized by Samsung together with Mobile world.

The BlogMob team choose 16 bloggers from various backgrounds and genre to spend a month with a Samsung mobile handset. Not only will we be able to use the phone for a month, the bloggers will stand a chance to win prizes at the end of the programme which include the respective phones.

Each blogger was given either the Samsung SGH i450 or the Samsung SGH i550. Different in look, both the phones have distinct identities. So for the next month I will be using the sleek looking Samsung SGH i450.

Most of you would know that I dumped my Simbian phone after numerous problems with it and opted for a fuss free standard mobile. Given that I have not been happy with Simbian phones, I was told the Samsung SGH i450 which is built on the Simbian 60 3rd edition system is free from the numerous Simbian hiccups. By the end of the month I should be able to tell you whether it performs up to par.

Thanks to Samsung, instead of spending the Indian New Year sourcing for another phone, I was instead playing with the phones numerous features.

Will write more on the phone and the launch party later!

2 comments:

Praveen said...

Ah, nice to see that Samsung has made an immediate impact on you =) Sorry I didn't introduce myself. Fellow BlogMobber. Hope to see photos from your phone posted up here.

Keep up the great work!

visithra said...

thanks for dropping by praveen - no prob - i was trying to catch up with all the info as well since i was late to the event