Monday, January 28, 2008

Friends

You don’t need to know a person forever to be their good friends. Sometimes people you have known forever are no longer as close, as you have both changed with time.

I used to have very few girlfriends as I’ve had horrible experiences with them – backstabbing, jealousy and the sort. 3 years ago I met 2 gals and we instantly clicked. From there we connected a few of my other friends some whom I’ve known for over 10 years and though we’ve been through some ups and downs – things have been good. Wow time has really flown pass as we’re about to see one of the guys get married.

Of course there are the few people I’ve met through blogging who are constantly part of my life. The 2 who are always buzzing around me, the one who constantly bumps into ppl who know me and we start singing the phrase “darn KL is so small!”

Then there are the friends I met a year ago through Flickr. Everytime people see me with them they assume its part of the group since they’re from so many different races but in truth I’ve grown really close with a few of them. It is not all photography but in many ways a bond linked by photography. I am truly grateful to Flickr that I got to meet them. There’s so many things that I’ve wanted to do that I’ve managed to do with them – some of us clicked instantly, some of us grew close over time but these are friendships that I will always cherish.

It is extremely easy to make friends, you have to open yourself to new experiences and different people to reach beyond the outer surface to learn who they really are, you’ll be surprised at what you’ll find. However keeping friends is the hardest thing, just remember it doesn’t end with the misunderstandings rather you grow closer because of them. Cherish the friendships you have and don’t be afraid to make new one’s

3 comments:

Shiv said...

'However keeping friends is the hardest thing, just remember it doesn’t end with the misunderstandings rather you grow closer because of them'

How true..Nice post Vima.

Ajay said...

//I used to have very few girlfriends as I’ve had horrible experiences with them//
Amen!!!

visithra said...

shiv : indeed

ajay : hehehe ahem u have stories eh