Friday, October 19, 2007

Wrath of Durga

Demon vanquished


The wrath of Kali The form of Durga was created as a warrior goddess to fight the demon mahisasura. Mahishasura had the boon that he could not be defeated by any man or god. He unleashed a reign of terror on earth, heaven and the nether worlds with his newly found powers.


Eventually, since only a woman could kill him, the trinity bestowed a dazzling beam of energy upon the Goddess Trinity of valour, wealth and knowledge - transforming them into the goddess, Durga.








Navarathri marks the 9 days of war where on the tenth day of the waxing moon, goddess Durga killed the demon Mahishasura with her trident.

5 comments:

Jeevan said...

These are some great shot's dear. good art!

Happy Saraswathi puja :)

BawangMerah said...

For a reason I don't know, I've always been fascinated by any image of a warrior goddess. I really love it when they dance together depicting the multiple hands at the back. Awesome.

Itz me!!! said...

hi..the images looks too good!!!..and thanks for the information on the background of Navarathri..hope you had a great Navarathri!!!!

visithra said...

thanks jeevan

bm : lol me too - thats y i love dance n the angry parts ;p

its me : thanks no prob

on an old comments answering spree ;p sorry for the late replies

visithra said...

thanks jeevan

bm : lol me too - thats y i love dance n the angry parts ;p

its me : thanks no prob

on an old comments answering spree ;p sorry for the late replies