Wednesday, August 15, 2007

30 December

Bawangred tagged me ;p

BIRTHDAY TAG - 30 December

The rules for this tag is simple.
(i) Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day)
(ii) Write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and tag 5 friends.

I found out some really interesting stuff about my birthdate – so here’s some of it.

Events
1460 - Wars of the Roses: Battle of Wakefield. 1871 - Brazil passes law freeing future children of slavery.

1896 - José Rizal was executed by firing squad in Manila. (which was eventually commemorated as a Philippine holiday called Rizal Day.)

1943 - Subhash Chandra Bose raises the flag of Indian independence at Port Blair.(Since today is India’s independence I picked this one)

Births
1865 - Rudyard Kipling, British writer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1936)

1879 - Sri Ramana Maharshi, Indian philosopher (d. 1950) (whoa I was born exactly 100 years after him ;p)

1975 - Tiger Woods, American golfer

Deaths (I added this coz one of the most prominent deaths of the century happened recently)

1691 - Robert Boyle, Irish scientist (b. 1627)

2006 - Saddam Hussein, former Iraqi President (b. 1937) (executed)

Holidays & observances
Philippines - Rizal Day (commemorated as a Philippine holiday to mark the execution of Jose Rizal.)

As usual I'm not tagging anyone so you're welcome to pick it up;)

No comments: