Monday, March 20, 2006

God bless

Friday was weird too many mixed news, good and bad. My friends dad had a heart attack. So Saturday went to see them and he was pretty relieved to see me. The thing about hospitals is, you're so used to seeing people run around that when you see them on a bed motionless strapped to a million gizmos it rocks your world.

We (my family) got used to it a long time back so it stopped being a shock but I must say I was hoping I wouldn't have to see the sight again coz it reminds me of my dads last moments. So the joy I felt was unexplainable when my friend informs me his dad had been shifted to the normal wards. Though the first thing I did ask him was who consented to the change of wards dads forcing or dads recommendation? My friend laughed at my question explaining to me his dads constant insistence to go home!

I've never met the family before since we live in 2 different corners of the state but it was nice to see them. I'm pretty sure the uncle hoped I hadn't come coz I kept telling him he'll have to abandon all his favourite items after this. Each time I told him something he'd give me this smile that looked as if he was saying - aiyo that also cannot??? Hehehhe

The thing is he reminded me of my dad, the stubbornness and the irritation of having to be confined to a hospital. He kept trying to get out of bed and walking around when he should be resting, or whenever I told him no more carrying heavy stuff or cutting trees or vigorous hand movements for the next 3 months at least, he'd give me the - thanks a lot for making life hell look behind the smile ;) or that's how I felt ;p

So everyones dads the same huh, too stubborn for their own good?

It didn't help when the sons kept mentally making notes of what i was saying and being even more strict with him. My friend refused to give him the tiny salt packet that comes with the hospital food, till I told him "I said less not nothing at all. Don't torture himla." Friend just smiled sheepishly but I knew behind it was a fear of losing him. Weird isn't it, how reality hits you.

So when his mom was reminding the boys to stop agitating dad. My friend confidently asks his dad if he was one of the culprits, of course dad cheekily nods his head yes much to my friends disbelief ;p

God bless them, and hope the next stage of recovery is smooth as well. Actually god bless everyone.

19 comments:

geetha said...

Generally, dads become stubborn. They want to potray that they still have authority, eventhough they are growing older?! They don't want to show that they are dependent.. very phycological.

Even I would not allow the salt or salty stuffs, and they would just sneak it. Once, my mum even hid 'urka' in her mount hill of her rice... only to be revealed by my investigator brother! LOL!

geetha said...

God bless your friend's father for a speedy recovery.. and his family for their support :)

Jeevan said...

Hope that your friends dad will get cure soon. Your beautiful smile will help him to forget his pain:)

Aravind said...

Praying for his speedy recovery!

Nirek said...

No human wants to be seen in ill-bed state. Its common and esp our papa and mom dont want us to see them ever in ill.
wishing him for speedy recovey!

My days(Gops) said...

will pray for his speedy recovery...

PS:- i hate hospitals...

Arz000n said...

Hope your friends dad recovers back soon.

and dont talk about hospitals in front of me...I will faint right away :)

Ginkgo said...

onna pakarathukku munnadiye heart attack aa..namba mudiyaliye:P

Heres wishing him a good and complete recovery :-)

Nanyaar? said...

Hope he gets well soon and hey Visitra.. change of my blog address its http://nanyaar.wordpress.com :)

cheers,
NY?

Keshi said...

Hope he's well now...I dislike hospitals and hearing of heart attacks...brings back memeories of the day my dad died...

Keshi.

Arun Pillai said...

our prayers are with u ...

Arun A.S
http://www.arunambikasasikumar.blogspot.com
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/arunsasikumar
http://arunsasikumar.livejournal.com

Gladtomeetin said...

Hope your friend's dad recovers soon :-))

It was soo sweet of you to have made him smile and relax ;-))

Ramya said...

*closes eyes and mumbles a few silent prayers*

visithra said...

Geetha : hehehe quite true ;)

lol ur bro sure was a good investigator ;)

yes god bless everyone actually ;)


jeevan : hope so too ;) awww whose been teaching u? ;p


aravind : same here ;)


satu : true - but one has to face the worst someday


my days : thanks me too


Arz : lol dont liek them too though wont faint ;p


Ginkgo : lol aiiiiiii adhi vihlum!! ;p


nanyaar : thanks will come by and change it soon ;)


keshi : hes better - me too


arun : welcome here and thanks


Glad : lol he probably wanted to knock me on the head for all things i told him he cant take anymore ;)


ramya : thanks da ;)

Ghost Particle said...

to say we're helpless, or to say that we hold our destiny in our hands or to say that someone else charts our fate?...

visithra said...

to say we plan - fate decides

Jeevan said...

awww whose been teaching u? ;p ?? what

visithra said...

jeevan : whose been teaching you to compliment ;)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hi Visit,
I some how missed your tag post. Am sorry for the late comment on it. It was very cute. Both the tags were 2 gud.
How is ur friends father? Hope he is alright now..